Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Pressure Urticaria

m_morelos - Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 am

Pressure Urticaria has been a big problem to me since I'm growing up. I just want to know if Antihistamines medicine can cure this? I used them before but they only last for a day. And need to supply again. In other suggestions i saw Plaquenil which calls my attention. I don't know much with Plaquenil but it says it can cure it. Can you help me please with this problem i have. I really much appreciated on feedbacks. Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

User avatar Hello,
Antihistamines may or may not help. You can only try and see. Other treatments used include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (like ibuprofen and naproxen) and even ultra potent steroids (by prescription). There are other treatments sometimes employed but these are medications and you will need to consult with a doctor, perhaps dermatologist, for this.

Meanwhile, try to avoid the pressure stimuli that brings this on if at all possible. Spread the pressure out to a broader area if you can.

I'm sorry you are struggling with this frustrating condition and I hope it resolves soon.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us