Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: 5 years old acne problem (want to get rid)

 lilprogramer - Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm

I have a problem of acne from about 5 years now I am 21 years old, and I have tried every thing to get rid out of it. But I am still there, I have tried many products available in market, many sops, many creams, and some Medicine Recommended by doctor, and I have also taken the laser treatment but still there.
I have attached 2 pictures of my cheeks, now at this time the most effected area from acne is my cheeks but the acne attacked on all of my face.
And my acne grows faster in summer session and in winter session it approximately stops.
Now I have acne on my face (especially on cheeks) and about one year ago I have that acne on my back, on my shoulders, and very little on my chest.
Kindly help me, I am losing all of my confidence because of my acne, I like some one in my class but unable to talk to her because of that damn acne.
Please help me to get rid out of this problem.
Please recommend some medicine that is available in Pakistan.

 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 am

User avatar Hello,Acne is indeed a problem which has got deep psychological issues and also cosmetic problems yet eminently treatable.
This is a multifactorial disese in which genes and environment interact apart from psychosomatic factors like stress which aggravate it.
To approach acne it may not be enough to take one form of treatment,but may need removing comedones by mechanical means,hormonal treatment if required,drugs to reduce sebum production,oral antibiotics to tackle the bacterial component,psychotherapy,correction of scars etc.This is best managed by a dermatologist.
Do consult and get treated.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us