Question: Effects of Vitamin E, Jojoba, and Emu Oil On Skin

lizzytheoctopus - Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 am

I have piercings in my ears and have been recommended by many people to use vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, and emu oil on them to keep them healthy. I have even been told that emu oil can thicken earlobes, which seems a bit outlandish. I wanted to know if and how these oils help the skin if topically applied. I was also wondering if the actual process of massaging oil into the skin and increasing blood flow to the area helps in healthy skin and piercing care.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm

User avatar Hello,There is not much of dermatologic evaluation done on these applications and especially relating to piercings there are none which I could get access to.So I feel you could discuss with your doctor and decide as to whether you could apply with possible benefits.Best wishes.