Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Need to keep my skin clear

SteelCurtn75 - Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:28 pm

Hey I've got my senior pictures coming up in about a week and I was wondering if there's anything I can do to clear up some small pimples on my face and prevent any more from showing up
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:38 pm

User avatar Talk to your doctor/dermatologist about a short course of antibiotics to clear it.
 FLAEMT - Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:30 pm

Being a person dealing with acne my whole young adult life, I can tell you that the best course of treatment for clearing acne quickly is an antibiotic such as doxycyclin. However, what I have noticed with this medication is that it's rapid effectiveness also has a short long term effectiveness. It actually helped me very much for the first month after stopping treatment but then my acne seemed to get worse than before I started. If they are small pimples jsut use some of your sister or mothers make-up concealer for the prom, and ask your dermatologist to start you on a topical antibiotic and retinoid and see how that works out for you before you start on an oral antibiotic treatment.

-FLAEMT

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us