Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: Lump on back of Calf, Need Diagnosis

nowwhatnapster - Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:00 am

My freind is scared/doesnt know of a good doctor, and she has a lump presumably a cyst on the back of her calf muscle. its about 1/2 of an inch wide size wise, she said the skin was somewhat red and it hurts to touch it.

Any opinions would be apprciated. Is this something a doctor should check out. If there are any details more that need to be known to determine an answer please post back with them.

Thank you for your time, I am very concernd please respond ASAP.
 nowwhatnapster - Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:41 am

Could someone just give me an idea of whether or not this should be seen by a real doctor.
 Acrobat - Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:15 pm

Of course.

It could be lots of things, some of which are life threatening..... So seeing a doctor should be a high priority.
 nowwhatnapster - Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:39 pm

Thank you for your response. I would still like a diagnosis if that is possible if anyone is out there. Thank you again.