Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Lump on back of Calf, Need Diagnosis

nowwhatnapster - Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:00 am

My freind is scared/doesnt know of a good doctor, and she has a lump presumably a cyst on the back of her calf muscle. its about 1/2 of an inch wide size wise, she said the skin was somewhat red and it hurts to touch it.

Any opinions would be apprciated. Is this something a doctor should check out. If there are any details more that need to be known to determine an answer please post back with them.

Thank you for your time, I am very concernd please respond ASAP.
 nowwhatnapster - Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:41 am

Could someone just give me an idea of whether or not this should be seen by a real doctor.
 Acrobat - Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:15 pm

Of course.

It could be lots of things, some of which are life threatening..... So seeing a doctor should be a high priority.
 nowwhatnapster - Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:39 pm

Thank you for your response. I would still like a diagnosis if that is possible if anyone is out there. Thank you again.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us