Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Question: allergic to water

sbskater10 - Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:05 am

After every shower, I become unbearable itchy for ten to twenty five minutes. This is not limited to showers. It happens after swimming in fresh water, salt water, and even pools. And occasionally after sweating. If I do not dry off immediately, it is much worse that normal. I do believe that I have dry skin because of the following symptoms: Small red bumps on the back of my arms, dandruff. The severity of my itching does not correlate to the temperature of the water. No matter what kind of water I am in, the itching seems to be relatively the same every time. I do not have any blistering or rash after showering or itching. Sometimes general rubbing on my skin causes irratation.

If you have any advice or suggestions, please let me now as soon as possible.

Thank you.

sbskater10 - Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:50 pm

Any one?