Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: indent on upper thigh please help

 lyncher - Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:43 am

ion my upper inner thigh, just below where my leg meets my scrotum, what looks like a scar. its an indent on my leg that has kind of stretched out like a stretch mark only its deeper. at first it was red and tender but now it is just like other skin in that area. but softer and indented into my skin. its on both sides and i have no idea what it is.

Please help me.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:59 pm

User avatar Actually, this sounds like jock itch.
Buy an antifungal cream from the drug store, and apply that.
Also make sure you dry the area thourghly after a shower.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us