Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

Back to Dermatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/18/2017.

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: large lump now shrunken(over 2yrs) now painful

pinkofcourse - Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:52 pm

Hello,
I have had a lump for about 2 years now. It was quite large before and now has shrunk to the size of a pea. But I am now feeling a bit sore. sometimes it's a sharp pain. But the majority of the time it's just a dull aching pain.

What does that mean?

What could possibly be wrong with me. I never get colds. I never get the flu. I do have allergies though.

Also I am always getting headaches to, with my ears getting clogged and so I take a couple tylenol sinus extra strength regular pills. The tylenol sinus works. But I dunno......
I am worried that the thing in my neck has been in me for about 2 yrs. and now its painful.

i had my blood checked two years ago. And it came back perfectomundo. So what could possibly mean?
 nowwhat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:04 pm

Where on your neck is the lump....what color is it....what size was it......it may have been a swollen gland....or perhaps a cyst....but you might need to give more info as to appearance and location.
 pinkofcourse - Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:12 pm

no colour
just a small pea sized lump now.
on the left side of my neck.
it's been with me for about 3 yrs now. it started as a humungous lump and now its pea sized.
but iam feeling a bit sore on that side now........

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us