Medical Specialty >> Dermatology

Question: large lump now shrunken(over 2yrs) now painful

pinkofcourse - Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:52 pm

I have had a lump for about 2 years now. It was quite large before and now has shrunk to the size of a pea. But I am now feeling a bit sore. sometimes it's a sharp pain. But the majority of the time it's just a dull aching pain.

What does that mean?

What could possibly be wrong with me. I never get colds. I never get the flu. I do have allergies though.

Also I am always getting headaches to, with my ears getting clogged and so I take a couple tylenol sinus extra strength regular pills. The tylenol sinus works. But I dunno......
I am worried that the thing in my neck has been in me for about 2 yrs. and now its painful.

i had my blood checked two years ago. And it came back perfectomundo. So what could possibly mean?
 nowwhat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:04 pm

Where on your neck is the lump....what color is it....what size was it......it may have been a swollen gland....or perhaps a cyst....but you might need to give more info as to appearance and location.
 pinkofcourse - Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:12 pm

no colour
just a small pea sized lump now.
on the left side of my neck.
it's been with me for about 3 yrs now. it started as a humungous lump and now its pea sized.
but iam feeling a bit sore on that side now........