Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: 7 year mystery

DT0619 - Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:34 pm

I am 22 years old. Since I have been 14, i have had irregular periods, and in the past 2 years, i have not had a period at all. In 1998, my lab tests showed high amounts of DHEA sulfate, Cortisol, Prolactin, and testosterone. A 3 day dexamethisone test was done and i had a positive response... very tomporarily... i was also taking bromocriptine for the prolactin, which i had no response to. I now have recurrent severe headaches mostly on the right side of my temple and head. My medical history also includes carcinoma in situ of the cervix(dec. 2003), a very premature delivery of my daughter (born at 26 weeks gestation, jan 2002), and an appendectomy(july 2004). For some reason, everytime i go to the doctor, they run tests and things come out normal, but no one ever has any answers as to why this is happening. i'm afraid i may have a pituitary tumor, or i am at risk for infertility. what's going on? what steps can i take to find out? and did i have my daughter early becuase of a possible pituitary failure that made me produce too much oxytocin? please help.
 DT0619 - Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:09 am

by the way, i am also developing a fatty hump on my upper back between the shoulder blades

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us