Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Cushings or PCOD

joann9298 - Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:17 pm

Im 27 years old I have seen an Endo for several symptoms to Cushings. I have done some blood work and the only thing that is coming out high is Cholesterol 202 H NR0-200 and CO2 31 H NR 22-30. I was told according to these results its possible that i have PCOD and since i had an appt to see the ENDO that he can handle the results. The Endo that I saw ran a 24 hour UFC test he said that I have alot of symptoms of Cushings. I was just told that the results came back 30 something his words but that the test were sent out and still needed to be guaranteed. So I asked what was the next step he said that this was the one test to run to find it, and that I was expecting a miracle and i was not gonna find one. He told me he could give me provera to start having a menstrual and a diabetic medication to treat PCOD. I am not looking for a miracle just answers. I want to feel like a normal 27 year old. I have a follow up on the 1st of March and would like to be prepared with questions. I feel like im not getting him to listen or look at the BIG picture. I don't know if I should just agree about being treated for PCOD and not actually have it. What other steps can i suggest and what questions should i be asking. Please any info would help
 whiskeygyrl - Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:24 pm

joanne, can you please tell me why you think you may have cushing's? What are your symptoms?
 joann9298 - Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:05 pm

I have a tendency to gain weight suddenly. I have started to measure around my stomach and in less then a month my abdomen grew 10 inches. In the last in 7 months I gained 50 lbs. I have a rash or hives that wont go away. My face is very full, I have acnee, I have facial hair growing on the upper lip, forehead and cheek area. I have a hump on my upper back neck area. I have skin darking around my neck. I have high blood pressure, rapid heart, depression, fatigue, weakness. mood swings . I urinate alot and very thirsty, I have not had a period in 2 yrs and 9 months. I have headaches everyday. my feet hurt i was told its planter fasciitis. One of my breasts is lactating.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us