Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers
"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."
Forum Name: Diabetes
Question: interview a diabetic specialist
|reg007 - Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:24 pm|
I am writing a research paper on the causes of Type 1 diabetes and I was wondering if there is a doctor I can ask some questions to?
|R. Zein, Pharm D - Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:00 pm|
feel free to raise the questions you have.
|reg007 - Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:21 pm|
I need these questions answered by someone who holds credentials.
1. To what extent is the cause of Type 1 diabetes linked to immunological, genetic, and environmental factors?
2. Type 1 diabetes has been found to be an autoimmune disease, what exactly is the classification of an autoimmune disease?
3. What are beta cells and what is their involvement with diabetes?
4. What is responsible for the destruction of the beta cells and how are they destroyed?
5. What are autoantigens and autoantibodies?
6. What are the roles of the autoantigens that have been linked to diabetes?
7. Are there any specific genetic or viral links to the cause of diabetes?
8. Approximately what amount of pancreatic beta cells must be destroyed for an individual to contract diabetes?
9. What are HLA genes and what is their linkage to the cause of diabetes?
10. What is the difference between insulitis and diabetes and how is insulitis involved in the cause of diabetes?
|reg007 - Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:08 am|
can someone please reply to my questions. i just need them answered to the best of your ability. thank you
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.