Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: Gynecomastia - embarassed

embarassed85 - Sun May 09, 2004 3:11 am

Hi.

I am 19 years old male.
I was looking thru the web a while ago and i realised that i have a condition called Gynecomastia. It is, indeed, very embarassing.

My chest/breasts are big and im very embarassed and hence i only choose to wear looser and bigger shirts so as to hide my "disablitity". It is also embrassing to walk against the wind or run.

I have this condition since a very young age, and i reckon it is a genetic thing passed down from my mum's side of the family, of which a few of my cousins are suffering from the same condition.

Other possible causes of the condition might be that im asthmatic and had taken Ventolin and Volmax when i was young. Whether or not they contributed to the condition, i cant be sure.

I am 168cm in height and 78kgs in weight. I have just signed up for a gym-program which includes aerobics and other activities and I have decided to go on for 6 months. However, i just discovered Gynecomastia might not be cured by exercise and it led to me worrying that if my fat around my body is reduced, my "breasts" would become more apparent than ever.

I am so depressed right now. Could you tell me what are the things i could do to reduce Gynecomastia, apart from going under the knife (operation)?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Embarassed85.
 embarassed85 - Thu May 13, 2004 4:56 am

Please help. :(
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 23, 2004 12:44 pm

User avatar Please review the following post for an answer to your query:

Click here!