Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Need help please

needhelp - Mon May 24, 2004 1:54 pm

For about 5 months, I have been having "episodes" of extreme weakness and fatigue/faint. During the episodes, my motor coordination slows down, like I am in a different time warp. My pulse slows down to 60 and it takes days to recover. My vision is also slightly blurred as if I need to change my contact prescription. My face also swells slightly and seems to do so more on the left side. At night sometimes, the "episodes" wake me up. I feel as if I am sinking into the earth. I have had one episode of vertigo. Before I was diagnosed with menieres, but since the vertigo attack I haven't seen my ear symptoms return.

It seems like everything is a little off. My thyroid is off slightly and I am on synthroid .50
My FSH test is 28.8, which concerns me because we are trying to have a child.
My vision is blurred and my eye doctor said that it wasn't my prescription.

I have had an MRI, eeg, and emg and they are all negative. The only other thing was a ck test which was a tiny bit high of around 468 I believe.

Now, I currently am having muscle twitches in my left calf, for over a week. Any suggestions. Neuro doctor said it wasn't neuro but hasn't seen me since the twitching>
Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 24, 2004 4:58 pm

User avatar needhelp,
I hope you understand the limitations of diagnosis over the internet. They symptoms you describe may suggest hypothyroidism (hypothyroidism.. When was the last time you had your thyroid functions done and what were the results?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us