Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Is diabetes a concern for me

babygirl8679 - Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:33 pm

Hello I am a 26 year old female with a bunch of problems and I have addressed them in the gastro section of this website. I went to the ER with severe chest pains and nausea I thought I was having a heart attack but everything checked out ok. I did find out my gallbladder is functioning at 48% and could be the cause of my symptoms but I am scheduled for an ac1 fasting blood test for my all of the sudden extreme craving for sweets I cannot seem to get enough. I am not a sweet eater maybe a mini candybar every 6 mo or so and I am good to go I am a salt fan big time. I also suffer from constipation, I get a hot feeling from deep within alot lately not a fever but feels like I am burning from the inside out and I suffer from extremly cold hands and feet. When I was at the ER I had low blood sugar of 53 and had to drink two cups or oj with sugar packets mixed in and it brought my level back to 78 I have had blood tests done before and have had normal results should I pursue the diabetic issue? Is there another test better than ac1? Can anyone help me?
 babygirl8679 - Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 pm

I forgot to mention that I had a urine test done the other day and had alot of keytones and protein in my urine but I don't know if this is a concern or not the md didnt seem to concerned when I mentioned it to him but then again he doesnt seem to concerned about much of anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 babygirl8679 - Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:59 am

Had a fasting a1c test today and it was 5.7% is that normal for a person who has not yet been diagnosed with diabetes? I have read on several other sites that it is not but information is either vague or spoken in a way in which I do not understand. If anyone could give me infomation I would greatly appreciate it. Even if I have to go to another site to get info please help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us