Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Strong Urine Odor

Gabby123 - Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:55 pm

I am type 2 diabetic and I am on oral meds only. My AC1 was 6.7 and is always in that range. I am a female 52 , I take metformin actos , linisporol and bllod pressure medicine. My blood pressure is controlled. What is this urine odor???? I have had good readings and recently got my morning reading down to 114 or 112. this is driving me nuts.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:16 am

User avatar There are a few possibilities. You may be slightly dehydrated leading to a urine odor. It is also possible that you have a urinary tract infection.

I would recommend that you see your doctor for a urinalysis. This test is pretty simple and gives a lot of helpful information.

Best wishes.
 greeneyes58 - Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:15 pm

Im age 49 female, dx with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago. In response to the urine odor, if I don't drink enough water and too many diet sodas, I also notice a fowl odor with my urine, I do believe also it has to do with not drinking enough water. Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us