Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Tribulus Terrestris safe for thyroid

billy101 - Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:19 am

I am 19 male i have hypothroidism no past surgeries family history heart disease and diabetes.My current medication is levothyroxin 25mcg once daily. i wanted to know if it is safe to take Tribulus Terrestris

thank you in advance
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm

User avatar Supplements are not regulated by the FDA and therefore we do not know much about interactions they may have with other medications. I cannot say it is safe or unsafe. Perhaps your doctor can advise you on this.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us