Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Pheochromocytoma - Surgeons w/ experience

 newpheo - Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:02 am

Good Morning. I am a 33yr old male. I have gone thru many test since June 04 when I had a neurological phem resembling a stroke. I have met with multiple very talented neurologist, had multiple mri and mras. i have had tee exams as well as spinal tap for ms. Essentially all test kept leading to Abnormal Complex Migraines with Neurological phenoms. Unfortunately, I experienced another "vasal spasm (stroke?) about 45 days ago and was hospitalized yet again. In a reach, we completed a 24 hr urine test that came back pos. for pheochromocytoma and I just completed a week long mibr nuclear medicine scan. I know of no one in either side of my family to have experienced this. My research has tought me this is extremely rare. While I have alot of nervousness about my future with this I firmly believe with the proper steps this too will pass. My biggest frustration is that I cannot find anywhere a list of physicians who had completed the necessary surgery for pheo. I know it's rare, but I'm not interest in being a endocrinologist 1st. Can you advise me of where I my find a list of "experienced"?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:18 pm

User avatar I would first contact a university with a college of medicine. They would be the most likely to know of someone qualified.

You could also go to the organization support home page at
to get help from others who also suffer from this disorder.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us