Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: thyroid antibodies

janehson - Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:54 pm

I was diagnosed with Raynauds in April 2002 when I was 42. My ANA was negative then and my thyroid tested fine. Since then I've had lots of muscle and back pains and fatigue and Raynauds continues. In Dec 2003, I was retested for my ANA and it came back positive with thyroid microsomal AB 413 (normal <35). I've gained 20 lbs since Dec 2003 even though I exercise 45 minutes a day and watch what I eat, but my thyroid keeps testing fine. Currently TSH is 1.55 which has been gradually dropping from 1.67 in Dec. T3 Uptake has gone from 35.9 to 33.9 T4, Thyroxine was 8.9 then 8.0 and the last time they did a Free T4 (1.4) so couldn't compare. All of these are in a fine range. Should I see an endrocronologist? Are there further tests that can be done? I really need to lose the 20 lbs, but instead keep gaining. Any suggestions?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:59 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't feel that you should be at your endocrinologist for the lab results you've got. They're mostly within normal range. A rheumatologist would be a person to see for your problems.

bill