Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: A couple strange symptoms all at once

arrawyn - Tue May 06, 2003 11:21 am

Hi,

i'm new here so i'll give a bit of background. I know probably all these symptoms aren't connected, but they are just occuring at once and I've never felt as I have last night (when you get to that part)

I'm originally from Canada and moved to Scotland 9 months ago and am recently married.

I get a lot of headaches (frequently, but they usually last only a couple seconds) and i've always had that, though my husband is worried.

About 3 times since this december, I have felt fluey. The first time I felt hot and dizzy (i was out at a comedy show and had to leave at the break). the second time i can remember I was freezing (to me) but my husband said I was boiling and I just didn't feel good.

Last night was the worst so far. I felt really hot, and dizzy, sweating and shaking and I also felt nauseus and going to bed my stomach felt strange and uncomfortable-as if something was moving about in there!. Most of today I have felt weak and shaking and sometimes a sore stomach.

This is the strangest thing:
For about the last 2 months (i know i haven't been like this the whole time i have been here, I have been sweating and really hot so that I wear shorts (and t-shirts) outside, when everyone else is wearing big jackets and long pants and I think the weather is mild or warm. And I can be sweating not really doing anything, just sitting around the house. Most of the time i think the house is boiling and ask to turn the heat off, but it is already off!

My family has a history of diabetes (on my dad's side), i have tested myself regularly on the portable thing, and on my mom's side hypo (i think?) thyrodism in my grandma and mom's sister.

Thanks for any help!
(ps. I am going to see a doctor soon about this very soon!)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue May 06, 2003 5:23 pm

User avatar Hi arrawyn,
I think you should have a thyroid function test. They really are several blood tests that help rule out any thyroid related problems.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us