Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: A couple strange symptoms all at once

arrawyn - Tue May 06, 2003 11:21 am

i'm new here so i'll give a bit of background. I know probably all these symptoms aren't connected, but they are just occuring at once and I've never felt as I have last night (when you get to that part)

I'm originally from Canada and moved to Scotland 9 months ago and am recently married.

I get a lot of headaches (frequently, but they usually last only a couple seconds) and i've always had that, though my husband is worried.

About 3 times since this december, I have felt fluey. The first time I felt hot and dizzy (i was out at a comedy show and had to leave at the break). the second time i can remember I was freezing (to me) but my husband said I was boiling and I just didn't feel good.

Last night was the worst so far. I felt really hot, and dizzy, sweating and shaking and I also felt nauseus and going to bed my stomach felt strange and uncomfortable-as if something was moving about in there!. Most of today I have felt weak and shaking and sometimes a sore stomach.

This is the strangest thing:
For about the last 2 months (i know i haven't been like this the whole time i have been here, I have been sweating and really hot so that I wear shorts (and t-shirts) outside, when everyone else is wearing big jackets and long pants and I think the weather is mild or warm. And I can be sweating not really doing anything, just sitting around the house. Most of the time i think the house is boiling and ask to turn the heat off, but it is already off!

My family has a history of diabetes (on my dad's side), i have tested myself regularly on the portable thing, and on my mom's side hypo (i think?) thyrodism in my grandma and mom's sister.

Thanks for any help!
(ps. I am going to see a doctor soon about this very soon!)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue May 06, 2003 5:23 pm

User avatar Hi arrawyn,
I think you should have a thyroid function test. They really are several blood tests that help rule out any thyroid related problems.