Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Non-insulin, I cheated & my sugar is high at 154 or is it?

problems101 - Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:51 pm

It may be a dumb question, but I've been doing fairly good on my diet, but tonight I cheated and my sugar is 154, It's too late to walk, I'd like to go to bed, I'm just curious is there a number that is absolutely too high? I'm not on insulin so I just can't take a shot to lower it. Is 154 a panic number?

When I was diagnosed I was at 550, so what is considered High
 Dr. N. Haider - Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 am

User avatar Hi

The current guidelines suggest that two hours after a meal the blood sugar level should not be more than 200mg/dl. Having said that your level of 154mg/dl may have been normal, if more than 2 hours had passed after your meal.

As you are not on insulin, please let us know what medication you are on.

Have a nice day.
 problems101 - Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Thanks,
my medicine is metformin.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us