Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: rapidly fluctuating blood glucose levels

 sleepyhead24-7 - Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

I am t2 and my normal levels are 130-140. Today they have been going from 70's up to 250's in a short period of time. Can i do something about this?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 am

User avatar Hi,
As you are a diabetic on oral hypoglycemic medication, you should consult your regular doctor for fluctuating blood sugar levels, cause of which can be multifactorial and the dosage of medications may need to be titrated on an individual basis.Sorry, i am unable to help you more regarding this.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us