Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: Thyroid ultrasound was normal and blood levels were normal

MamaSadieBell - Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

My thyroid ultrasound came back normal, and my blood levels were fine. I still feel tired and my muscles ache and I have a noticable lump in my throat. I also have times int he day when I feel like I am going to pass out. My Dr is wanting to write it off as post partum issues. Could it really be that? I had my baby over a year ago. Should I get a second opinion or just try to ignore the lump in my throat?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 pm

Thank you for the post. Could you be a little more specific? By 'throat', do you mean inside your throat or over the front of your neck?

There are several other swellings that can occur in the neck region apart from the thyroid swellings.If present, they need to be investigated.

I recommend that you should get back to your doctor and bring that suspected swelling to his/her attention.