Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Is it a Hypothyroid???

rosebud84 - Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:34 pm

I often feel tired a lot, am nausias, dizzy, especially in the mornings. I have irregular menstrual cycles, headaches, and have unexplained weight gain all at once and it is impossible for me to loose. I also was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I think it might be a hypothyroid, What do you think it is?? Have you had the same symptoms I have and if so what do you have?? I am soo worried that it might be something serious but I've had blood tests recently and you'd think the doctors would have caught it if that's what I have, but I read somewhere that sometimes it's really hard to diagnose hypothyroidism. I've felt this way since as long as I can remember, for about 8 years or so, I'm 20 now. Can any body help me??? I'd Greatly appreciate any replys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

~Danielle

Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:06 pm

User avatar It is easy to diagnose hypothyroidism, a simple routinely done blood test is all it takes, but I am sure it was one of the first tests your doctor did.

Do you regularly see your OBGYN? It may be a hormonal problem.

There is absolutely no way to tell you your diagnosis. Fatigue is a universal complaint for most every disease, including depression. If you feel your doctor isn't helping you, see another one! :D

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us