Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: Is it a Hypothyroid???

rosebud84 - Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:34 pm

I often feel tired a lot, am nausias, dizzy, especially in the mornings. I have irregular menstrual cycles, headaches, and have unexplained weight gain all at once and it is impossible for me to loose. I also was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I think it might be a hypothyroid, What do you think it is?? Have you had the same symptoms I have and if so what do you have?? I am soo worried that it might be something serious but I've had blood tests recently and you'd think the doctors would have caught it if that's what I have, but I read somewhere that sometimes it's really hard to diagnose hypothyroidism. I've felt this way since as long as I can remember, for about 8 years or so, I'm 20 now. Can any body help me??? I'd Greatly appreciate any replys!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

~Danielle

Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:06 pm

User avatar It is easy to diagnose hypothyroidism, a simple routinely done blood test is all it takes, but I am sure it was one of the first tests your doctor did.

Do you regularly see your OBGYN? It may be a hormonal problem.

There is absolutely no way to tell you your diagnosis. Fatigue is a universal complaint for most every disease, including depression. If you feel your doctor isn't helping you, see another one! :D