Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: Is something wrong with me? Please help!

Alhana - Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:57 pm

I seem to have a lot of things wrong with me. Maybe I am just paranoid. I'm not sure. It takes a long time for me to get well when I get sick. Like, three weeks for a cold. I get frequent urinary tract infections and frequent yeast infections. Even when tests for utis come up normal I discomfort in that area. I have seem to have excess vaginal discharge, though I have no basis to compare what is normal, so that may be nothing. I generally feel like crap a lot of the time. I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. The glands in my throat are swollen almost all the time, even when nothing else seems to be wrong and my throat is often a bit sore. I catch a cold almost every other month. My appetite is wierd, I often have no appetite at all, even when I haven't eaten all day (of course then there are days where I really pig out so maybe that's nothing). I often get pains in my lower back on the right side and in my lower abdomen on the same side. Could all of this be connected? Could all this be because I am simply not taking good enough care of myself or could it be a sickness of some sort? Please help! I don't have good insurance and they will only pay if I have a good reason for going!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:33 am

User avatar Alhana,
Sorry to hear about all those complaints.
How old are you? Have you ruled out diabetes? Do you have any relatives that are diabetic?