Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers
"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."
Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics
Question: Could this be my thyroid?
|amw - Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:18 pm||
I had my son about 4 1/2 months ago. Since I have left the hospital I have lost no weight at all. Before I got pregnant I weighed about 125. I now weigh 170. I walk a mile at least three times a week, sometimes more & I try to watch what I eat, yet I cannot even lose one pound. This is my major concern & here is a list of some other symptoms I have been having since I had my son:
1) pounding/racing heart for no reason
2) heart palpitations
4) I feel dizzy sometimes
5) chest pain - sometimes the upper middle part of my chest feels bruised.
6) achey arms and legs - some days I feel like I lifted weights the whole day before when really, I have done nothing strenuous
7) my hands & feel feel tingly sometimes
8) anxiety attacks out of no where
9) the mucles in my upper back hurt almost daily
10) frequent (every 2-3 weeks) heavy periods
11) my blood pressure tends to run low
Does this sound like it could be hypothyroid or maybe a hormone imbalance.
|Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:12 am||
Some of the symptoms that you complain of could indicate hypothyroidism. I would suggest that you have an evaluation by your physician and thyroid function studies should be completed.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.