Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Could this be my thyroid?

amw - Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:18 pm

I had my son about 4 1/2 months ago. Since I have left the hospital I have lost no weight at all. Before I got pregnant I weighed about 125. I now weigh 170. I walk a mile at least three times a week, sometimes more & I try to watch what I eat, yet I cannot even lose one pound. This is my major concern & here is a list of some other symptoms I have been having since I had my son:

1) pounding/racing heart for no reason
2) heart palpitations
3) tired
4) I feel dizzy sometimes
5) chest pain - sometimes the upper middle part of my chest feels bruised.
6) achey arms and legs - some days I feel like I lifted weights the whole day before when really, I have done nothing strenuous
7) my hands & feel feel tingly sometimes
8) anxiety attacks out of no where
9) the mucles in my upper back hurt almost daily
10) frequent (every 2-3 weeks) heavy periods
11) my blood pressure tends to run low

Does this sound like it could be hypothyroid or maybe a hormone imbalance.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:12 am

User avatar Hi amw,
Some of the symptoms that you complain of could indicate hypothyroidism. I would suggest that you have an evaluation by your physician and thyroid function studies should be completed.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us