Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: I am way too young for my age

s_anthony - Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:09 am

Hello, I am a 25 year old male, but I still look about 16 or 17. I have only a little facial hair and I have a lanky build, like a teenager. I went through puberty at basically a normal age (though I did look a little young for my age when I was a senior in high school.) My body just hasn't changed in a long time. I look practically the same now as I did about seven years ago. Does it sound like I could have low testosterone or a pituitary disorder or something like that? Is there any kind of treatment, such as testosterone therapy, that could help me develop a man's body and appearance? I hate being mistaken for a high schooler. Thanks for your help.
 stanster - Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:17 am

I know you are waiting on a medical authority to respond to your question, but I just wanted to say that I would give anything to be in your shoes right now. Enjoy your youthful appearence and try to keep it as long as you can. As far as weight - I'm living proof that it comes on all of a sudden, and NEVER leaves! And, take advantage of your limited facial hair. Most all men hate the grinds of shaving everyday just to have the burdened-shadow appear a couple hous later. Good luck! I'll be watching to see what advice the doctors give.