Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: I am way too young for my age

s_anthony - Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:09 am

Hello, I am a 25 year old male, but I still look about 16 or 17. I have only a little facial hair and I have a lanky build, like a teenager. I went through puberty at basically a normal age (though I did look a little young for my age when I was a senior in high school.) My body just hasn't changed in a long time. I look practically the same now as I did about seven years ago. Does it sound like I could have low testosterone or a pituitary disorder or something like that? Is there any kind of treatment, such as testosterone therapy, that could help me develop a man's body and appearance? I hate being mistaken for a high schooler. Thanks for your help.
 stanster - Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:17 am

I know you are waiting on a medical authority to respond to your question, but I just wanted to say that I would give anything to be in your shoes right now. Enjoy your youthful appearence and try to keep it as long as you can. As far as weight - I'm living proof that it comes on all of a sudden, and NEVER leaves! And, take advantage of your limited facial hair. Most all men hate the grinds of shaving everyday just to have the burdened-shadow appear a couple hous later. Good luck! I'll be watching to see what advice the doctors give.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us