Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: i don't have any facial hairs. i m 21. i m tired.

matrix21 - Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:25 am

hi
pls help me . i m 21 years old. i don't have any facial hair growth.
i have hairs on legs and other parts. very few on chest. every one from my age has full beard. i have very thin and soft hais above the lip area but it cant be seen from distance.
i also have soft thin hairs on cheeks. but they never grow further after sheaving.
i want to grow them as fast i can. pls suggest me some ways to grow beard.
i m desperate for beard.
i look very boyish arround my friend circle. a small kid.
:(
 dskyxoxo - Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:15 pm

It may or it may not be something to do with your thyroid. Either way check it out. When I was low hypothyriod I lost alot of hair. Specially in my face area and I'm a woman : ) Good Luck!
 matrix21 - Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:49 pm

hi
thank u. for reply. but i cant find other tyroid symtoms with me.
can u tell me some symtoms. whoom should i consult.
is there any way it gets cured. and i have considerable beard.
pls reply.
 unnat - Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:48 pm

hi frnd... me also havin the same prob as urs.. i m also frm india.. please reply if u really get some diagonosis and medicines for this prob..contact me further on 9898714711

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us