Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

cherelle2004 - Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:42 pm

Hi, I'm a 17 year old female, I'll be 18 in 4 months.My mom is 5'6 1/2(she's a smoker) and my dad is 6'4, I'm 5'3 1/2(I'm the shortest one in the family.) and i want to be 5'7.is that possible? I know that your height is determine by your parents height in that case, I should be alot taller. Since I'm 17, can i go to an radiologist or pediatric endocrinologist without a parent?

Thanks :(
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:26 pm

User avatar no you can't be treated without parental permission, until you are 18. Also, I know there are procedures out there that have worked in giving someone a little extra height....I think you wanting to go from 5'3 to 5'7 would be a bit much. The procedures I have heard about are primarily for people with disabilities and are not even guarenteed to work. I have certainly not heard of it working to gain 4 inches, but then again, I have not researched this to be certain. Good luck......................Angela,RN
 cherelle2004 - Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:59 pm

Thanks for replying :D Can you tell me what procedures you mentioned eariler?