Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: lymphnode enlargement

leerova - Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:14 am

I am about 22 weeks pregnant and noticed about two months ago enlarged lympnodes in my right armpit. I have taken two different courses of antibiotics co-amoxidar and flucloxacillin the bumps seem to have spread into smaller ones . They arent really painful only when pressed hard. Im tired of goin to the clinic,Pls im anxious what are they.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:04 am

User avatar Hi leerova,
Lymph nodes commonly enlarge as a result of viral/bacterial infections because the lymphatic system is the bodies defense in fighting infections, etc. These may not return to their pre-infectious state. Since they have decreased in size since your course of antibiotic treatment I would relate the enlargement to an infectious cause.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us