Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Needs some information

jusmel - Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:07 pm

Hello. I have had diabetes for going on 3 yrs. First told had type 2, then told type 1. I would like to know which one. I have not had controll of my diabetes. I am taking 2 different insulins 5 shots a day. I would like to find a doctors in Vancouver, B.C who could help me out. My 3 month blood test keep going up. I am worried about complactions that could arise. Any help or information would be great. My current doctors does not seem to be of help. Not saying he's a bad doctor. I would like to go some where that could help my start to gain control. :( :(
 dsjeya - Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:32 pm

tests have to be done to find out whether u r suffering from insulin ressistance r insulin deficiency
what is your age,weightt
do u excercise
 jusmel - Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Well i'm only 31 and i weigh 150 pounds and yes i do exercise.I had justed turned 29 when i was told i had diabetes. Some times when i do exercise it seams that my blood sugars go up instead of down. I would like to get this under controll. What are these test you talk about? Thanks :?
 littlebuddy - Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:39 am

Hey there,

I too have the a similar problem. Sometimes when I work out my sugars go up instead of down. Although this is not the case all of the time. I have been diabetic for ten years now and I would say I have pretty good contraol of it. I used to live in Toronto so I can't help you with a doctor in the B.C. area. But on your next visit to your endo ask about Lantus. It's a relatively new insulin in Canada, I think it got approved about 4 or 5 months ago. It's really good because it last for 24 hours so you'l save yourself some jabs. Also ask about Novorapid, this is a fast acting insulin that last for about
1 hour, it's used only for meals. I find that 1 unit of Novorapid covers about 15 grams of carbohydrate.

Good Luck
littlebuddy