Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Diabetes

Question: Needs some information

jusmel - Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:07 pm

Hello. I have had diabetes for going on 3 yrs. First told had type 2, then told type 1. I would like to know which one. I have not had controll of my diabetes. I am taking 2 different insulins 5 shots a day. I would like to find a doctors in Vancouver, B.C who could help me out. My 3 month blood test keep going up. I am worried about complactions that could arise. Any help or information would be great. My current doctors does not seem to be of help. Not saying he's a bad doctor. I would like to go some where that could help my start to gain control. :( :(
 dsjeya - Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:32 pm

tests have to be done to find out whether u r suffering from insulin ressistance r insulin deficiency
what is your age,weightt
do u excercise
 jusmel - Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Well i'm only 31 and i weigh 150 pounds and yes i do exercise.I had justed turned 29 when i was told i had diabetes. Some times when i do exercise it seams that my blood sugars go up instead of down. I would like to get this under controll. What are these test you talk about? Thanks :?
 littlebuddy - Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:39 am

Hey there,

I too have the a similar problem. Sometimes when I work out my sugars go up instead of down. Although this is not the case all of the time. I have been diabetic for ten years now and I would say I have pretty good contraol of it. I used to live in Toronto so I can't help you with a doctor in the B.C. area. But on your next visit to your endo ask about Lantus. It's a relatively new insulin in Canada, I think it got approved about 4 or 5 months ago. It's really good because it last for 24 hours so you'l save yourself some jabs. Also ask about Novorapid, this is a fast acting insulin that last for about
1 hour, it's used only for meals. I find that 1 unit of Novorapid covers about 15 grams of carbohydrate.

Good Luck
littlebuddy

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us