Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Question: Estogen level of ZERO

Laurapf50 - Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:33 pm

My period stopped at age 26 so my Dr. sent me to an Endocrinologist. After the usual tests, he concluded that "some people are just a mystery". He did ask me how long I've had diabetes but he didn't give me any meds for it. I have severe visual problems, weight gain, dry skin, coarse, sparse hair (none under my arm pits) and a general feeling of doom. He did put me on some hormone for a couple of weeks and then discontinued it in order to check my labs again. When he discontinued it, I felt like I was in a fog and couldn't think or react very good at all. It was terrible. He said that I would not like the medication he thinks I should take so he just didn't prescribe anything. I don't feel right, have no energy and don't know what to do. Do you have any ideas? I've seen 2 endocrinologists and both of them could not figure out my lab work. Thank you for your time.
 Laurapf50 - Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:28 pm

Sorry about spelling estrogen wrong. Can't see that good and not a great typer!