Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: Estogen level of ZERO

Laurapf50 - Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:33 pm

Hello,

My period stopped at age 26 so my Dr. sent me to an Endocrinologist. After the usual tests, he concluded that "some people are just a mystery". He did ask me how long I've had diabetes but he didn't give me any meds for it. I have severe visual problems, weight gain, dry skin, coarse, sparse hair (none under my arm pits) and a general feeling of doom. He did put me on some hormone for a couple of weeks and then discontinued it in order to check my labs again. When he discontinued it, I felt like I was in a fog and couldn't think or react very good at all. It was terrible. He said that I would not like the medication he thinks I should take so he just didn't prescribe anything. I don't feel right, have no energy and don't know what to do. Do you have any ideas? I've seen 2 endocrinologists and both of them could not figure out my lab work. Thank you for your time.
 Laurapf50 - Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:28 pm

Sorry about spelling estrogen wrong. Can't see that good and not a great typer!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us