Medical Specialty >> Endocrinology

Doctors Lounge - Endocrinology Answers

Back to Endocrinology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/17/2017.

Forum Name: Endocrinology Topics

Question: diebetic leg or body itching

 brendapeaches - Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:04 am

:oops: Ny husband has been a diebetic since 1981, he has for the last 2-3 months experienced severe itching which results in patches of dry crusty skin. It starts out as just a red spot which itches him to the point he can not sleep. It seems to bother him worse when something is touching his skin or it gets warm. Please if there is something I can do let me know........
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:19 am

User avatar Hi!

Has your husband's blood sugrar been under good control? Has he tried taking Benadryl? Does he have problems with dry skin? Does he use moisturizier?


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us