Question: Testicle Pain with other Symptoms

nscolaro - Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:00 pm

I have had a pain in my left testicle for about two weeks. I went to a doctor who found that it was firmer than the right but that was all he came up with . I had an ultrasound later that same day and am still waiting for the results. The technician told me everything looked good to her (althought that is not the official result). The pain subsided for a couple days and is coming back today. On the pain scale, it's about a 2 today and was up to a 7 last week. In addition I've been dizzy all day and just don't feel right. I could be overreacting and the two things could not be related at all but I thought someone might be able to shed some light on the subject. Oh, I'm 26, 128 lbs and 5'10" tall and have not had a health problem since infancy.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:55 am

I hope your results all turned out fine and that you are in good health at the moment.

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion (blue balls).

Assuming that your ultrasonography is normal that would rule out many of the causes above. It could possibly be an infection sucha s epididymitis or orchitis.