Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Testicle Pain with other Symptoms

 nscolaro - Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:00 pm

I have had a pain in my left testicle for about two weeks. I went to a doctor who found that it was firmer than the right but that was all he came up with . I had an ultrasound later that same day and am still waiting for the results. The technician told me everything looked good to her (althought that is not the official result). The pain subsided for a couple days and is coming back today. On the pain scale, it's about a 2 today and was up to a 7 last week. In addition I've been dizzy all day and just don't feel right. I could be overreacting and the two things could not be related at all but I thought someone might be able to shed some light on the subject. Oh, I'm 26, 128 lbs and 5'10" tall and have not had a health problem since infancy.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:55 am

User avatar Hello,

I hope your results all turned out fine and that you are in good health at the moment.

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion (blue balls).

Assuming that your ultrasonography is normal that would rule out many of the causes above. It could possibly be an infection sucha s epididymitis or orchitis.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us