Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: 19 yr. old husband, Trouble Getting Erect - please help!!

madison - Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:37 pm

Me and my husband are worried because he has been having problems getting erect. It only happeneds later in the day and at night, but there is no problem in the morning. We have been married for 4 months and there is no problems with attraction. The times when he can't get an erection he simply just can't...without trying very hard, and then it won't last long at all. This has only been going on for 4 days, but it is enough to scare him and me. He had been smoking pot for about 10 months just about everyday, but he has decided to cut back and has only been smoking once in a while for the last few weeks, and not very much when he does. Could this be a reason for this happening? We currently do not have medical insurance so he can not go to the doctor, so I really really need your help. All answers will be greatly appreciated and looked into! Thanks a lot
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:16 am

User avatar Hi!

Indeed smoking pot is one of the causes for erectile dysfunction. But the fact that your husband can become erect at times could also point towards a psychogenic cause for this. It would be best to begin with sex counselors and then proceed on to doctors if therapy fails.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us