Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Worried sick! Vaginal legion.

WhirlyGig - Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:18 pm

I recentlyrecovered from a stomach virus and noticed an extremely sore spot near my vagina. Using a mirror I discovered what looked like a massive blood blister that is very pain ful all the time, whether sitting, laying down, urinating, or even sleeping. I went to a gynocologist two years ago (also after a stomach virus) for something that felt siomilar but looked different and was told it was some kind of minor viral infection that would clear up on its own, which it did. This cannot be herpes because I have never had sex and do not have herpes type A myself. I am terrified to tell my mother--I'm only fourteen, and I know if i request the doctor not tell her anything, she will suspect the worse. Please tell me what to do, I am sick with worrying!!!!!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:32 am

User avatar Hi WhirlyGig,
If you are not sexually active then there is no need to be concerned about a STD. Viruses may cause strange symptoms such as rashes, irritations etc. I would strongly suggest that you discuss this with your mother and let her make you an appointment with your physician to identify if this is again related to your recent illness. Don't be afraid to talk to her as she is there to help and protect you. I am sure that she loves you very much and would want to know if something was wrong. Now, tell her so she can take you in for an evaluation!
 WhirlyGig - Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:51 pm

Thank you very much!!