Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Testcial rash

 nytatu - Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:02 pm

i noticed white rashes around my testical area. it doesn't hurt or anything. Although sometimes my testical iches. I looked on other websites to see if its any sexually transmitted disease but its not metiontioned , so i was wondering if thats normal to have?
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:45 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't think that its normal to have testicular rashes and itching. Perhaps a fungal infection of the skin may be the reason. You can try antifungal creams to be applied over the area. If the itching is a problem, you might want to take a benadryl tablet before you go to sleep.

If you have a history of promiscous sexual relationships, you might want to visit a dermatologist to look into the matter.

 Puk - Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:08 am

i discovered what looks like a rash but also looks like small scabs around and on my testicals these scabs are not just scabs when i pick them off they are what look like small living bugs they actually have little moving legs. what are they and how can i cure this problem. help , thank you

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us