Question: Rash on penis head

hamonrye - Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:38 am

I've gotten a red rash on my penis head. I have not had sex or oral sex with this girl, but she has kissed the top of it once just to be stupid. I also have one tiny red rash on the top shaft of my penis. We have only messed around a little bit and handjobs and grinding. I'm guessing the grinding did this. It doesn't burn and itches a little bit. Can anybody help me out?
 hamonrye - Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:38 am

I'm 16 and have never had sex before. So I have never had a STD. I'm kinda freaking out here.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:17 pm

Balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis commonly seen in uncircumscribed men. It usually causes redness and/or a blotchy rash on the glans, sometimes with a discharge. Balanitis involving the foreskin or prepuce is termed balanoposthitis. The most common complication of balanitis is phimosis, or inability to retract the foreskin from the glans penis.

Complex infections also have been well documented. These often are due to a poorly retractile foreskin and poor hygiene that leads to colonization and overgrowth. Candidal infection appears to be the most common cause of disease. The condition in older adult men often has other etiologies, including intertrigo; irritant dermatitides; and candidal, viral, or fungal infections and it may be acquired as an STD.

Treatment centers on antibiotics / antifungal treatment and improved hygiene.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.