Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: erectile dysfunction

Gavin Jones - Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:42 pm

My psychological proglems are the worst, my penis is 4 inches erect and i have a very hard time staying hard, even during masturbation. I am wondering what options I have to help me? Both with penis size and i have problems with premature ejaculation. Any thoughts?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:23 am

User avatar Hello,

A person complaining from erectile dysfunction needs to be assessed for the presence of endocrine disturbances, chronic diseases, cardiovascular disease, neurological disease and medications that cause ED all need to be excluded. Cigarette smoking and chronic alcoholism are major contributing factors.

Caution needs to be exercised when making the diagnosis of psychogenic ED, as both organic and psychogenic factors may co-exist.

Please visit your doctor to exclude any of the above causes before considering any therapy.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us