Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Children and STD's

Catie4evr - Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:41 pm

I found out a couple months ago that I have contracted chlamydia from my ex fiance and didn't know about it for about 5 months. In that time I had taken 2 bath's with my 1 year old daughter. When my ex told me he had it and I went to the Dr. and got treatment, I asked the doctor if it would be possible for my daughter to have gotten it through the bath water and she said no. I am still worried though because lately she has has some slight discharge and has been complaining that it "hurts" down there. I'm really scared and would really like some input on this. IS it possible to spread the infection through bath water???
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:50 pm

User avatar No, that isnt likely. What would be more likely is that your daughter is suffering from a UTI. You should schedule an appt. to have her checked out by the doctor.