Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Condom Broke - What are my Chances of pregnancy?

stumpedNSJ - Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:38 pm

I am embarrassed to even post this but my husband and I had condom failure on day 9/10 of my cycle. We didn't realize until well after the fact so it was as if there was no condom! My cycle tends to run between 27-29 days. We have a 9yr old and a 5 yr old already and would be pretty blindsided if I became pregnant. I am 36. I have tried looking around the internet for answers but I get conflicting reports. COuld you please tell me what you think my chances of conceiving are!

Please respond, I am very stressed over the situation

Thank you in advance,
stumped
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:49 am

User avatar Hi stumpedNSJ,
Ovulation occurs midway through the menstrual cycle. So in your case allowing approximately two days prior to your midpoint and two days after your midpoint the most fertile timeframe generally speaking, would be from approximately day 11-17 of your cycle. Keep in mind that I am not implying that pregnancy is an impossibilty but according to the timeframe you stated if your cycles are regular, it's probably not likely. Don't stay stressed over the situation as stress may alter a menstrual cycle. If your cycle doesn't appear on time then perform a pregnancy test to rule it out.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 stumpedNSJ - Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 pm

Sorry to dwell on this but today I had a large amount of mucus discharge with mild cramping and diarrhea. I am assuming this is due to ovulation. That would put ovulation at day 12. (Nov. 25th was day 1) In this case I feel like my chances just got 'Upped" a bit. - Oh well, out of my control for now.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us