Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Condom Broke - What are my Chances of pregnancy?

stumpedNSJ - Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:38 pm

I am embarrassed to even post this but my husband and I had condom failure on day 9/10 of my cycle. We didn't realize until well after the fact so it was as if there was no condom! My cycle tends to run between 27-29 days. We have a 9yr old and a 5 yr old already and would be pretty blindsided if I became pregnant. I am 36. I have tried looking around the internet for answers but I get conflicting reports. COuld you please tell me what you think my chances of conceiving are!

Please respond, I am very stressed over the situation

Thank you in advance,
stumped
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:49 am

User avatar Hi stumpedNSJ,
Ovulation occurs midway through the menstrual cycle. So in your case allowing approximately two days prior to your midpoint and two days after your midpoint the most fertile timeframe generally speaking, would be from approximately day 11-17 of your cycle. Keep in mind that I am not implying that pregnancy is an impossibilty but according to the timeframe you stated if your cycles are regular, it's probably not likely. Don't stay stressed over the situation as stress may alter a menstrual cycle. If your cycle doesn't appear on time then perform a pregnancy test to rule it out.
 stumpedNSJ - Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 pm

Sorry to dwell on this but today I had a large amount of mucus discharge with mild cramping and diarrhea. I am assuming this is due to ovulation. That would put ovulation at day 12. (Nov. 25th was day 1) In this case I feel like my chances just got 'Upped" a bit. - Oh well, out of my control for now.