Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Unusual bump on penis

Bob123 - Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:13 pm

Dear Doctor,

For the past few months I have had these two white sort of "pimples" on the shaft region of my penis. I made the mistake of squeezing one of them, and it became red, irritated, and swollen. After a week or so the swelling diminishes, however the white "pimples" remain. Any idea as to what these might be?

Thank you for your help in this matter.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:44 am

User avatar Hello,

The bumps you describe could be hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands. Both are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. They are quite normal.

Given the limitations of the internet, you are encouraged to seek a clinical examination.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us