Question: Unusual bump on penis

Bob123 - Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:13 pm

Dear Doctor,

For the past few months I have had these two white sort of "pimples" on the shaft region of my penis. I made the mistake of squeezing one of them, and it became red, irritated, and swollen. After a week or so the swelling diminishes, however the white "pimples" remain. Any idea as to what these might be?

Thank you for your help in this matter.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:44 am

The bumps you describe could be hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands. Both are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. They are quite normal.

Given the limitations of the internet, you are encouraged to seek a clinical examination.