Question: Penis Swollen

Styx - Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:07 am

Hey I have a question i just got back from my girlfriends and noticed my penis was swollen. I have no clue what this could be, we didnt have sex she just jacked me, what could this be. its swollen right before the tip please..help please im scared..
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:51 am

This could be trauma related if your girlfriend was using too much force. On the other hand, Balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis commonly seen in uncircumscribed men. It usually causes redness and/or a blotchy rash on the glans, sometimes with a discharge. Balanitis involving the foreskin or prepuce is termed balanoposthitis. The most common complication of balanitis is phimosis, or inability to retract the foreskin from the glans penis.

Balanoposthitis may have any of multiple bacterial and fungal origins. Complex infections also have been well documented. These often are due to a poorly retractile foreskin and poor hygiene that leads to colonization and overgrowth.

Anaerobic organisms have been associated with the diagnosis, although in most cases, the patient is treated empirically and a specific organismal etiology is not obtained. Candidal infection appears to be the most common cause of disease. The condition in older adult men often has other etiologies, including intertrigo; irritant dermatitides; and candidal, viral, or fungal infections. Treatment centers on antibiotics / antifungal treatment, improved hygiene and circumcision, if needed.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.