Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: testicle lump

davedavedave - Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:15 pm

I am an 18 year old male and have discovered a lump the size of a pea in my right testicle. It aches at times and is hard and movable, any information/advice would be helpful. Thank you.
 jamesbond000 - Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:59 am

Dude, I too have this same problem, some time I felt I have 3 balls, but for me it has disappeared but I can't say the same will happen to you, so please consult a doctor, and post if you find anything about it.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:36 pm

Every testicular lump or pain must be investigated to determine its aetiology.

The description you have given is suggestive of an epididymal cyst, which is also known as a spermatocoele. This is a sperm-filled sac in the long, coiled tube that lies above and behind each testicle.

Often, it causes no symptoms, but the patient with this condition can usually feel a firm, smooth lump on top of the testicle. When symptomatic, the patient may complain of pain, swelling or redness in the scrotum or a sensation of pressure.

Evaluation by a urologist is necessary to exclude other causes and a testicular ultrasound may be used to confirm the diagnosis.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us