Question: testicle lump

davedavedave - Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:15 pm

I am an 18 year old male and have discovered a lump the size of a pea in my right testicle. It aches at times and is hard and movable, any information/advice would be helpful. Thank you.
 jamesbond000 - Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:59 am

Dude, I too have this same problem, some time I felt I have 3 balls, but for me it has disappeared but I can't say the same will happen to you, so please consult a doctor, and post if you find anything about it.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:36 pm

Every testicular lump or pain must be investigated to determine its aetiology.

The description you have given is suggestive of an epididymal cyst, which is also known as a spermatocoele. This is a sperm-filled sac in the long, coiled tube that lies above and behind each testicle.

Often, it causes no symptoms, but the patient with this condition can usually feel a firm, smooth lump on top of the testicle. When symptomatic, the patient may complain of pain, swelling or redness in the scrotum or a sensation of pressure.

Evaluation by a urologist is necessary to exclude other causes and a testicular ultrasound may be used to confirm the diagnosis.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine