Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Extreme Yeast or STD?

Princess - Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:54 pm

I am unfamilar with vaginal discharge and mine changes every month!! I am soo worried.

HISTORY within 5 years ago (1 bf):

I did take antibotics 3 years ago. And ate half a anitibotics prescription about 2 years ago (bad choice, I know). I finished about 2 packs of birth control, using it as morning after pills within the first and third year. 3 years ago, I took Diflucan with my bf and it helped for a little while (can't remember).

During this history, I occasionally get burning urination and painful intercourse. But usually I get the thick discharge, itch (half the time), discomfort intercourse without the burn, and soreness after intercourse (went away after a few minutes). My bf would get miniture red dots that form around the head of his penis & itch. But it goes away the next day. He is not circumsized but particular with washing after urination.

In order to deal this after the 3rd year, first I tried "douching" by water wetted cotton balls around my finger and cleaning inside. Then with rock allum mixed with water wetted cotton balls (1st time getting white flat tissue like bits, so I stopped). Then dry cotton balls. Since that didn't work, I completely stopped and only water cleansed after every urination on the outside. From what I remembered, I think I then used over the counter Monistat to help my yeast infection (as I thought they were) and it does helped for a small period of time. Then I realized that I was buying it for temporary relief when I saw that my "yeast" came back within 3 days after being "cured." I think by that time I used Monistat 3-4 months in a row. That made me feel really worried that I got some kind of illness. So then on, I allowed my body to heal on its own.

So NOW (this year) I just water cleanse on the outside. Fortunately, I did get normal discharge for about 2-6days on healthy months if I was lucky. On the other days of those months, I was usually "dry" and thick. Also, had uncomfortable intercourse and soreness (not so much of itching). He would get tiny red dots and itch on these "other days."

A few confusing (occasional) discharge is clear uncooked egg white-like.. the one that when you crack open an uncooked egg and the part is the left over egg that kinda strings, hangs on the egg shell, & doesn't come off completely, kinda thick feel rather than liquid.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I have a whitish patch with slight rough texture on my cheek gum. Is that a HIV symptom? Perhaps my immune system is too low to fight yeast bacteria. I already got tested negative but maybe they did it wrong.

RECENT Symptoms:

I have strange discharges, but my recent experience was a bit different than "usual" (exluding exceptions of past experience). Last week, I had maybe 2-3 days of healthy discharge. Then afterwards, I was dry but also noticed a small area around my vaginal lips that were rashlike to the touch. Wasn't very itchy but could've been. I told my bf but we had intercourse anyway. He was itchy afterwards. My urination wasn't quite burning but slightly discomforting.

The next day I was gone of the rash (dry period). However, for my bf and for the first time ever, he had larger red bumps on the head of his penis than normal. It was also sensitive rather than itch. Poor thing. :cry: I was really worried he got herpes. I did oral occasionally before (not much to avoid spreading yeast infection) but they didn't cause anything, so why now and how?? This time they weren't minitures that you had to look up close. This time they were still considered small but big enough to be clearly visible... More reddish than before that were pinkish red. Then the very next day he was healed. Phewww. He concluded that it's because he'd was pulling on his penis and might've caused blood to rush into the capillaries. Thus, it was like before but bigger. I think he was still sensitive but he didn't want to tell me to make me sad.

Then the next day (yesterday), I saw that I got a somewhat profused amount of what is similar to cooked egg white bits or tissue. These were somewhat similar to when I first used water with rock allum except chucky instead of flat tissue. They were thick and not creamy. Like chopping lightly cooked whites of eggs. The lips of my vagina was somewhat itchy or irritated.

Question:
What do I have now??

Why do I keep on being healthy for one moment and get yeast so quickly the next? It's so frustrating. I also considered maybe masterbation causing my yeast because of the temperature increase for bacteria. What types of infections do I have to cause unusual discharge?? Am I normal?? What about my bf? Is he bringing back my yeast infection? Do I have something more extreme than a yeast infection?

Thank you soo much for reading my longgg post. I thought maybe background info helps.
 Princess - Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:29 am

Update.. It's been about 2 days since I posted and about a week since it started. Right now it's somewhat itchy (by touch) but it's not clumpy as it was before. It's fully opaque, creamy, and light yellow (Overall discharge is dry).

My bf is healing but hasn't fully. Since then, the bumps been gone but he's been feeling somewhat a rashlike feel (by touch). Meaning.. for both of us.. if we don't touch it, we'll feel okay. However, if we do, we want to scratch or rub it.

Isn't yeast infections suppose to come only once or twice a year?? Mine is more recurring and seem to never be healed for anymore than a week long.
 Marauder - Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:25 pm

I ver much hope you two hjave seen a doc by now.
 lemonshimmers - Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:42 pm

Wow... That is alot of detail. One observation I have made is that the egg white discharge you are describing is the discharge you get when you ovulate but above all I STRONGLY URGE YOU to have saught or are seaking an ob/gyn. You should have seen one when it first happened after not being curred from the Overthe counter monistat. You don't want to wait on that sort of stuff because you can potentially if it is an STD make yourself andyour bf sterile especially if its been untreated for months.

And to top it off most people don't even receive symptoms so consider yourself lucky. I am not saying you have an STD but it sure sounds like it.

You should both be receiving physicals at least yearly when you are sexually active and be given STD screening.

I hope everything works out for you too

best luck