Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Rash and irritation

angel2006 - Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:51 pm

Hello,

I have some sort of a rash that developed on the underside of my shaft and around my corona.

Could this be eczema?

It is itchy and irritated, especially after masturbation and prolonged sex.

If there is no sexual activity, it doesn't bother me at all, but i'ms till a bit worried.

Please advise.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:51 am

User avatar Yes, it could be eczema. However, the itching may also point to a fungal infection.

Eczema most commonly affects other parts of the body, but occasionally it may first appear on the penis. In such cases, it may be a skin reaction to an irritant that is better be described as dermatitis. Eczema appears as diffuse red plaques with a poorly defined edge and finely scaled surface. It frequently causes quite severe irritation. It can be caused by infection or local reaction to skin injury from chemicals or radiation. There are a number of effective treatments available. It is not infectious.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us