Question: Rash and irritation

angel2006 - Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:51 pm

I have some sort of a rash that developed on the underside of my shaft and around my corona.

Could this be eczema?

It is itchy and irritated, especially after masturbation and prolonged sex.

If there is no sexual activity, it doesn't bother me at all, but i'ms till a bit worried.

Please advise.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:51 am

User avatar Yes, it could be eczema. However, the itching may also point to a fungal infection.

Eczema most commonly affects other parts of the body, but occasionally it may first appear on the penis. In such cases, it may be a skin reaction to an irritant that is better be described as dermatitis. Eczema appears as diffuse red plaques with a poorly defined edge and finely scaled surface. It frequently causes quite severe irritation. It can be caused by infection or local reaction to skin injury from chemicals or radiation. There are a number of effective treatments available. It is not infectious.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination.