Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: voice

daz - Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:47 pm

hi, i am 14 years old and i would realy like it if you can help me. my friends at school and people say that my voice is realy high but i have read articles and reseached on the internet but the information say that as you start puberty you get an adams apple and your voice starts to break but i don't understand this because i already have an adams apple but my voice is still high. Please can you help me and tell me what i can do to break my voice. thank you so much for your time
 Derek H, RN - Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:03 pm

Hi Daz,

Even though you already have an adam's apple, you might find that your voice hasn't broken as yet, don't worry this will happen in time, and hard as it might be , try not to listen to your friends as I am sure you are only trying to fit in with your friends at school, but all the same, the increased stress will only be making you worse, so again don't worry , your voice will break in time.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us