Question: voice

daz - Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:47 pm

hi, i am 14 years old and i would realy like it if you can help me. my friends at school and people say that my voice is realy high but i have read articles and reseached on the internet but the information say that as you start puberty you get an adams apple and your voice starts to break but i don't understand this because i already have an adams apple but my voice is still high. Please can you help me and tell me what i can do to break my voice. thank you so much for your time
 Derek H, RN - Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:03 pm

Hi Daz,

Even though you already have an adam's apple, you might find that your voice hasn't broken as yet, don't worry this will happen in time, and hard as it might be , try not to listen to your friends as I am sure you are only trying to fit in with your friends at school, but all the same, the increased stress will only be making you worse, so again don't worry , your voice will break in time.

Best wishes