Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: sore red bump around the vagina........and worried!

danceaddict08 - Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:31 am

About three months ago right after my period a bump showed up on the inside of my groin area. I've had it three times all ready and i always get one about a few days after the end of my periods. The first time i had one, i popped it and puss witha mixture came out. But now when i try to pop it nothing happens. It is very painful when i touch it. And no hair grows on it when it appears. BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY SEXUAL CONTACT! I'm very scared, please help me.
 angel2close - Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:02 pm

First thing, please don't try to "pop" this again. Without proper procedure, you could just make it worse. You may try Warm Moist Compresses to the area which will help to ease discomfort and also help to "pop" this on it's own.
You may want to see your physician to see if you need to be on an antibiotic by mouth. You could have a boil, ingrown hair, or a number of other things. Just because something shows up in a "private" area, does not mean that it has to be sexually realted. Settle down and take care. Let us hear back from you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us