Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: veiny left testicle, please help.

Questions - Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:28 am

I'm 15. I have noticed that my left testicle seems have soft veins all around it. It also seems to be a bit smaller than the right. The veins are noticeable by sight. There seems to be a tiny bump on the back. Should I see a doctor?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:54 am

It is most likely that you have a varicocoele, which is a mass of enlarged veins.

A varicocoele can develop in one testicle or both, but in about 85% of cases it develops in the left testicle. Incidence of varicocoele is highest in men between the ages of 15 and 25. It may cause an ache in the testicle, a sensation of heaviness, shrinkage of the affected testicle and visibly enlarged veins. The last two symptoms are admitted.

Due to the effect a varicocoele can have on male infertility, you should be examined by a urologist for confirmation of the diagnosis and further management.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us