Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: My GF''s in pain, And I'm worried.

 sliferX000 - Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:27 am

Well, I didn't know where to put this post so please bear with me.

Anyway about a week now my girlfriend has been getting pain in her lower abdomen; twice during intercourse and now a couple times after intercourse. She always claims that it doesn't hurt that bad, but the face she makes is driving me crazy with worry.

After a good while she's back to herself, but right after intercourse it seems to me like she's in extreme pain.

I don't know what it's going on with her, I love her so much, and I hate seeing her in so much pain.

My Girlfriend is 21, and is always in good health. If it helps, she recently went off Birth-control pills 'cause we're trying to have a baby... could that be a side effect?

Does anyone have any thoughts about this... Please I'm open to any theories, suggestions, anything.

Thank You,
 lemonshimmers - Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:36 pm

I realize that this post you have made is just over a month past but I hope that you read this.

You gf needs to go see her ob/gyn. Sexual Intercourse is not suppose to be painful. The vagina is designed to have painless intercourse and when it is painful that is the body's way of indicating there is a problem. It could be as simple as a bacterial infection or more complicated as an STD.

Have her if not already make and appointment with her ob/gyn immediately...don't allow this to persists and do not have intercourse with her until you have confirmed the problem solved.

I hope you follow this advice

Best of luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us