Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: hair on half of the penis

 energizer - Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:45 am

i hav hair on the half of my penis i em very worried about that is that normal,my girlfriend hav hair on his body like man(shoulder,handa etc) so wat is the best cream or else cure of all this with out any side effect.can i hav my GF without hair.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:46 am

User avatar Dear Energizer,

Not knowing your age I will answer this question as if you are entering puberty. Puberty can start happening in the average male anywhere from about 11 – 14 years old, usually around the age of 12. A male will also start seeing fine hair that will eventually become dark and thicker growing on his face, underarms, buttocks, back, chest, arms and lower legs. Some men have more hair than others, this is normal and is hereditary.

Light, fine pubic hair will start to grow at the base of the penis and will eventually start growing down the inner thighs and eventually down the whole leg. The hair will get thicker and darker as the male hormones become abundant with age. This thick pubic hair doesn't actually grows up onto the penile shaft or glans, it just clusters around the base area and grows onto the scrotum

A pubic hair is thick and shaving or waxing the genital region can cause itching and a person may experience infections from painful ingrown hairs as it grows back.

If you have questions on your development as an adult I recommend you contact your physician and get a physical done.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us